Thursday, March 24, 2005

Left-hander = Right brain dominant?

I am a leftie, according the scientific theories, I am right brain dominant. I stumbled across how different sides of the brain process information from the Internet.

Quite a number of my best friends are also lefties. Coincidence? I don't know. Anyhow, BK explains his ideas using analogies. We talk often in 'pictures' jumping from one mind photo to the next with apparent ease. But, DC does not use analogy much in her therapy. She just needs some practice, so be patient cos that's not the way she makes sense of the world.

But FRIDGE! Oh man! When I explain using analogies, I use situations whereby it's simple and easily visualised. I had problems making the picture cos:

1. There are many different types of fridges. The various different compartments. Need something more universal.
2. Must be very familiar with the features of the analogy you are using to explain. If dunno how a fridge work, a bit frustrating because I will ask how does a fridge function.
3. I usually don't care what is in the fridge, I use it to cool my drinks. So I really catch-no-ball.

When I had an inkling of what she wanted to explain, fish tank made more sense and it's easier, more visual.

DC put in good effort to change the way she usually explains things and it made sense to me more. FINALLY ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home